3DMGAME 3DM首页 新闻中心 前瞻 | 评测 游戏库 热门 | 最新 攻略中心 攻略 | 秘籍 下载中心 游戏 | 汉化 购买正版 侠客前传 | 刺客信条 论坛

注册 登录

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 6852|回复: 15
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[讨论] 有谁知道这是什么MOD?太强了!

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

超级玩家

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2004-7-20
跳转到指定楼层
主题
发表于 2008-10-15 04:28 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
A number of sections have been updated over the last week.

This is a new thread since the old one is quite cluttered and there's no use bumping it. For anyone who isn't aware of the mod (I'm sure most aren't), it's a mod that largely increases the realism aspect of the game, creates a more challenging environment and seeks to deepen the gameplay with additional features. Two things this mod is not is 1) a content mod, and 2) a stats-based RPG. There will not be a huge variety of weapons or troop types as these kind of things become standardised quite quickly, and there will be significantly less leveling etc. I'll go into these later.

Combat Test v1.21 (last release 8/9):

There is a test release for combat changes here. Please read the entire post in that link before you play, as there are things the player needs to know about the changes.

What to expect (summary):

- More realistic and tougher combat.
- Greater financial challenge.
- More emphasis on fiefs.
- Increased political options.
- More consistency in equipment and troop types. I should point out that like native, this mod is based around the year 1257.
- Slower progression.
- More logical quests, relationships etc.

Plans for version 1.0
These changes are relatively simple adjustments or additions and won't require much time to implement. Much of it has already been done or is in-progress. I'm planning to release a playable version reasonably soon.

Advisors
Not started

Something I neglected to mention before is that there will be a number of advisors in the mod that you will be able to make use of. The most important is your steward, available when you are awarded a fief, and they will help you with information ranging from your fief revenue, the prosperity of your land, the relations with your subjects, the cost of your military force etc; allow you to take actions such as improving your fief, recruiting troops, sending financial aid/gifts etc; finally, he may give financial and political advise. The next crucial advisor will be a veteran soldier who will advise you about combat, tactics and warfare in general. The amount of advise they will offer is quite substancial, as a large amount of gameplay mechanics have been changed or added and it might be confusing without any explanations.

Player/Troop changes
Mostly done and mainly just NPC equipment remaining.

The focus will be on representing combat more realistically, largely by removing the stats-based RPG system. Stats among troops and the player will be higher and more inline with each other, and will remain relatively static throughout the game. There are two classes of troop: militia and professionals. Instead of having a huge difference in all stats like in Native, the real difference between the two classes of troop is in weapon skill and equipment. Furthermore, the player at best is little better than a professional-level soldier. The stats of all troops are significantly higher that most in native, in order for them to use their shields and weapons more effectively (i.e. faster combat). Horses will be more vulnerable, and considering their cost it would be wise not to use them recklessly.

Recruitment
Half-done

Troops won't actually be recruited, they will always be present in the fief like a garrison. This garrison will be a running pool of how many troops are available in the lands, and this number is regularly updated to reflect troops no longer available, new troops, disease hitting the land etc. This simulates the number of men in your land who can equip themselves (or be equipped by you) and be willing to go to war when you ask them to. When you do ask them to join you, there will be a small passing of time to show that the troops are gathering. Troops will have no expense while resting your lands (which are also their lands), simulating them going back to their normal lives. Effectively it is informing you how many trained men reside in your region.

As I said, the garrison is a dynamic pool. Training, settlement of troops into your lands, disease, prosperity etc can all adjust the pool size. If you take men out and don't return them (i.e. they get killed), the pool will be lower until you find a way to replace them (settlement of troops, training etc). This pool will also reflect prosperity, as you will take a hit when you take troops out of your lands. This is to simulate the decrease of manpower in your lands. When you return them, prosperity will be returned, or increased if the campaign was successful (since the soldiers are wealthier).

The above don't apply to mercenaries, who if employed are employed full-time until you dismiss them. With the above system there are obviously benefits to hiring mercenaries.

Combat
Mostly done, balancing with the public test

Combat will be faster, potentially more lethal and hopegully more enjoyable. I've placed much greater importance on timing, the quality of a strike, the damage type and the level of armour than what is found in native:

- Timing and being aware of your surroundings is much more important than in native since combat is quite a bit faster. Everyone moves and attacks at more reasonable speeds, so you'll have to be more careful when you attack and fast to use your shield.

- Quality of strike is much more important than native, as many weapons can incapacitate the victim with one good/great strike, while a lesser strike might barely do any damage, or possibly no damage. Proper distance will be quite important against heavy armour, and you'll need more room to effectively use swords and spears against it than you would with maces and picks.

- The damage type is quite important as cutting damage does poorly against heavy armour (mail), where piercing damage is more effective and blunt the most effective. On the other hand, a cutting weapon will be more effective when there is a lack of armour. Swords are great againt light armour, but will need to be thrusted - and will still be unreliable - against mail. Spears do decently against mail, but picks or maces will work for more reliably.

- Armour is quite important, since lowers the likelyhood of a potentially lethal strike, as well as rendering many 'typical' strikes almost harmless. It allows for much greatter room for error, and rather than settling for something that is 'good' as in native (taking say 44 protection instead of spending a huge amount for 50 protection), you will be buying the best you can afford.

- Shield bash will also be introduced and is quite important due to the emphasis on shields in this mod (all troops use them). It is used to throw the opponent off-balance, allowing you to land a damaging or lethal strike. Be aware though, because they can also do it to you. It makes single combat a little more risky, but makes being outnumbered much tougher.

Not only is combat tougher, but the penalties for losing in combat are much tougher. You will have to deal with paying a ransom, losing your equipment, losing your party, short-term, long-term or even permanent injuries, and political consequences.

Horse will also recieve some changes. They will become a little more vulnerable but have an increased charge. The abilties will vary more greatly and saddle and sumpter horses will become much less usable in combat, and the general speed of horses will be slightly lowered to reflect that they can't charge around at full-pace indefinately.

The combat UI will be removed to increase immersion, and the player will be warned of low health by heavy breathing or moaning.

Battles
Partly done

Battle AI and the behaviour of the battles will be significantly improved upon. It always bothered me how the AI would stupidly charge into battle, no matter what the situation. This is no more, and the battle will make more intelligent decisions on whether to attack or defend. The pace of the battles will also change as when the enemy does attack, they will move slower across the map, slowly advancing in a thick line. The decisions and movement means that battles will almost always have an attacker and a defender, and a relatively long period of missile exchange before melee. You will usually have time to organise your forces whether you're attacking or defending. As an attacker, at times you're better off leaving the battle rather than trying to assault the enemy's position.

Battle morale will be included in the form of an adjusted version of Chel's battle morale script. The loss in cohesion will be slowed down, and the most important impact will be the morale hit after taking a cavalry charge (which is now stronger).

Battle options are also adjusted, such as being able to attack anyone you wish, and not being able to leave a battle if you have been knocked or are losing. You'll have to fight it out and hope that your troops are successful.

Progression
Mostly done

The leveling system will be almost completely removed. Rather than earning experience to level up, you'll earn a limited number of increases through training. Progression in the game itself will also be quite slow, as it will be tougher to work your way up to being a lord. You can of course simply choose to start as a nobleman (i.e. accelerated start) if you don't wish to grind your way up. For those that do wish to start from the bottom, you'll have to work your way up through military service, either as a mercenary or in a militia. These will require you to go on campaigns, patrol, clear bandits and so on. At some point you'll have proved yourself and you will be knighted, and then after some more time, a fief.

Fiefs
Mostly done

Fiefs are more challenging than in native. You will need to protect it, as being raided will completely ruin the productivity, and therefore ruin your income. It will take much longer to recover than in native, particularly if you don't spend any money on the recovery. You will also need to maintain order, as an uprising, like a raid, will ruin your income for a while. That isn't the worst of it as you were given that land by a noble in return for service and revenue, so if you aren't productive you may find yourself without a fief, and a pretty serious renown hit. If your subjects become deeply unsatisfied they may also revolt which will signiciantly lower prosperity. Your fief is no longer something you can neglect.

There is much info that can be obtained through your steward. You can get your fief income, your military expenses, fief order, fief prosperity and your troop pool, and these are all things you will need to keep an eye on. You can also take many actions through your steward such as recruitment of troops that live in your fief, mercenaries and drafting peasants; you can also improve infrastructure to improve prosperity, gift the people with fairs, feasts and tournaments to improve relations, send gifts to other lords or buy your way out of campaigning. You won't need to manage your fief day by day, but you will occasoinally need to take action, as well as provide protection. The goal is that it will be enough to keep fiefs more involving, but not enough to become tedious.

There is a potential micromangement option in the form of placing an npc in charge of your fief/s. You will also be able to award land to npcs which may improve or hurt your overall income. This will boost their opinion of you, and they will be much less likely to throw a dummyspit.

Settlements will change visually to represent what I think they should be. Realistically, the lands of a fief expand far beyond what is shown on the battlemap. Rather than being backwater villages or isolated castles, these settlements will now represent the centres of the surrounding lands. The village (now referred to as a small town) will feature a manor hourse, a small town and agricultural fields. A castle will be similar, but with a slightly bigger town and a castle instead of a house. A town will also be similar, but with a much larger town, and only a few of them will be properly walled.

Quests
Mostly done

Quests will be a little different. You won't receive quests from lords until you are either in their service as militia (undecided whether I'll include militia service), or have entered into a mercenary contract with them. I would like to contain it to only that lord, but I'm not sure if that's possible. I would also like to distinguish between the quests received as a mercenary (more combat related) and those as part of the militia (errand-type), but at this point I probably won't.

Once you have proven yourself and have been knighted, you won't have to perform those grunt-level chores. Instead, you'll be tasked with campaigning, at some stage a fief, and hopefully political matters (such as talking to lords on behalf of your lord, causing war etc). You also won't have to perform fief quests like an errand boy, instead you will simply be charged with the protection of your subjects. The same goes for campaigning quests (or lack of).

You won't be paid or receive experience for quests, as these are the duties of your service. Instead, you will just receive your pay, and the profit from any loot you salvage. You will also have much stricter time limits for the quests, reflecting that you need to carry out your duties immediately. If you are captured or fail to sneak into a town, chances are you will fail the mission. The idea of quests is to build your relations with your lord, with goal of being knighted.

Equipment
Mostly done

Equipment will be adjusted to be more consistent in era, price and effectiveness. Much of the era consistency has been taken care of, with a number of later armours taken out in native. The idea is that it will take some time to save up for great gear, and for your equipment to match your progress in the game. The consistency in price also means removing the different imod conditions of the items (i.e. sturdy, rusty, reinforced) as these alter prices quite unreasonably, to the point where you can equip yourself almost as well for half the cost.

The mod will dump existing armours and I'll include my own. The type of armours will be focused around leather and gambeson for light armours, and the hauberk for heavy armours. There will be more armours than in native, but at the same time they will be more similar to each other.

World map changes
Mostly done

There are various changes to world map options, such as attacking whoever you want, not being able to leave battle when knocked out, more nearby parties joining battle etc. No point listing them, as they're all just small changes.

Financial
Really comes down to after release balancing.

As said before, I'm planning to make it much tougher to amass money. You won't really get anywhere trying to solo bandits, you can't simply enter tournaments (they're restricted to the higher class) and you won't be getting a fief any time soon. Trade profits have also been decreased and will probably be decreased further, considering how you could finance weeks of war with just a few days of trading. As has mentioned before, losing a battle can be quite costly as well.

Map Movement
Not started

Map movement will be adjusted so that marching at night is best avoided. Ideally I'd like parties to set up camp for the night (at the risk of bandit attacks), but I'd certainly like to implement a morale loss. If getting the AI to camp can be achieved, I will also implement penalties for parties that haven't had adequate rest. Under this system, parties that are attacked at night would also take a hit to morale, with the idea being to lower the battle morale.

Politics - short-term
Mostly done.

I do have longter-term place for a great, in-depth political system. That will take some effort, so the first release will just have more basic changes. Relations will be more dynamic and more influenced by your actions. Lords you save will be more grateful, as will those that you let go after a battle. Holding a lord for ransom is now the expected action after battle, and you won't suffer a loss in relations because of it. You will if you deny the ransom however. You can buy relations with anyone by paying tribute, and you will be required to pay tribute to your lord. You regularly have to serve your lord to maintain relations, by campaigning or paying tribute. If he's unsatisfied with you, you will be stripped of your lands and possibly exiled.

You can also insult any lord you wish, and I'll take suggestions for the insults  

Scenes
In progress

As I mentioned, villages, castles and towns will be redone. Battlefields will be more consistent in their appearance and generally less hilly/rugged (more suitable for a battle).

A siege:

A tournament ground:

A lord's hall:

Dungeon:

Here's an example of an important town (only inside the walls is finished):

Map
Mostly done

Adjusting the terrain and location of the factions and their settlements, as well as making aesthetic improvements. Generally terrain will act as natural borders between factions, and settlements will be more heavily located along the expanded river system. Roads and agriculture textures have been added as well.

Longer-term plans
These changes are significantly more ambitious in terms of whether I can successfully implement them, or whether I will have the time to do it. I'll hold off on these until after 1.0

Politics -longterm
Very little done. There's a lot to do here.

I'm looking to expand considerably in this area and attempt to create a more feudal environment. The idea would be to have several villages for each castle and town (representing important centres), with the lords of the villages being aligned with the lord of the castle or town, rather than the king. The factions would beomce loosely aligned and unstable, and the lords of castles/towns would effectively become the rulers of sub-factions. These may fight amongst themselves, both within a faction and with others of another faction, even if the two parent factions aren't at war. There would be many more npc lords and allow for a somewhat dynamic political environment, where a noble or king may be overthrown (although this last one will be tough I imagine).

Relationships would become more important for receiving support, alliances, treatment after battle and so on. To improve relations with other lords you can offer them gifts. You naturally increase relations with your lord by sending him his share of your revenue and campaigning with him. Improving relations might allow you to walk away after a battle, while poor relations may see you imprisoned, stripped of your equipment and bankrupted by your ransom. When you capture another lord after battle, he will expect you to ransom him so there will be no drop in relations. If you let him go without a ransom, relations will naturally improve, while locking him up and refusing the ransom will clearly damage relations. I may also include the ability to execute them, although to be fair I'd have to allow the same fate for the player (so watch yourself!).

I would like to implement a title system into the mod, attached to the fief rather than the owner. It would fit into the dynamic political system with lords falling and rising in stature. I haven't had a look to see how I would do this, it's just something that I would like to implement if possible.

Map/factions/Map AI
Not started

The game will become more focused on lords and their individual alliances, with the faction simply being a loose alliance of lords. Instead, factions will represented at a more local level and the more powerful lords of a particular faction effectively become faction rulers themselves. This is a little tricky, as to work properly I'd need alter alliances in the game and the AI, particularly in trying to have several factions on campaign together. This is a more ambitious plan so there's a strong chance I won't be able to implement it.

I'll improve the AI if possible so that campaigns are more decisive and the participating forces are more cohesive. I'd like to be able to actually merge the factions parties into a single, large party. I'm also hoping to change the the party system so that lords will generally maintain smaller forces and remain in settlements unless campaigning. Rather than maintaining a standing army, a lord will only require his personal retinue, and only when he campaigns or his settlement is attacked will he raise a much larger force. While a settlement may not garrison many troops, it will be able to mobilise a large number number of troops.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级玩家

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2008-7-27
舒服的沙发
发表于 2008-10-15 05:40 | 只看该作者
给个网址,我看看原帖
总之是个不错的MOD,不过很多部分还没有完成,再等等吧
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

初级玩家

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2008-1-5
硬硬的板凳
发表于 2008-10-15 10:09 | 只看该作者
就叫 Combat Test 啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级玩家

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2008-7-2
冰凉的地板
发表于 2008-10-15 11:36 | 只看该作者
[em10] [em10] [em10] 不知道等我玩到漢化版又是什么時候的事情了。。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级玩家

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2006-2-21
5#
发表于 2008-10-15 18:01 | 只看该作者
[em09] [em09] 看上去很不错~~
很想要~~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

游戏达人

游戏菜鸟

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2004-9-1
6#
发表于 2008-10-15 19:38 | 只看该作者
楼上的朋友们E文估计够很OK的,我基本上把上边的文字忽略了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

游戏达人

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2008-5-14
7#
发表于 2008-10-15 19:47 | 只看该作者
MOD下载地址    但是是英文的     没汉化

http://www.mbrepository.com/modu ... d=8&lid=870

官方网站

http://forums.taleworlds.net/ind ... p;amp;topic=42331.0
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

云游仙境

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2008-10-4
8#
发表于 2008-10-15 21:33 | 只看该作者
这个MOD作者会不会继续做,还难说呢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

新手玩家

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2008-10-25
9#
发表于 2008-10-25 12:38 | 只看该作者
这个MOD要是出汉化版的就爽啦!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级玩家

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2008-8-25
10#
发表于 2008-10-25 15:06 | 只看该作者

回复 8# 小小西瓜 的帖子

精顶
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级玩家

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2007-11-23
11#
发表于 2008-10-26 02:59 | 只看该作者
工程量貌似很大 不知道什么年代可以玩上
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

高级玩家

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2008-8-25
12#
发表于 2008-10-26 13:25 | 只看该作者

回复 8# 小小西瓜 的帖子

版主,给的资料不全啊,,好像,未完成,,正式版用不了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级玩家

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2008-3-19
13#
发表于 2008-10-26 14:34 | 只看该作者
如果问下而已...用得着把资料全发了.....
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

中级玩家

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2007-12-9
14#
发表于 2008-11-6 00:58 | 只看该作者
围城场面很宏大……
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

游戏狂人

贡献度
金元
积分
精华
注册时间
2008-8-5
15#
发表于 2008-11-6 01:49 | 只看该作者
。。。。。。。。。。。。。。我怎么打不开连接地址?
---------------------------------------------------------->
Error: Download Agent is blocked

The agent you are using has been blocked due to it being seen to consistently make too many connections to the site. Any one user making too many connections adds greatly to server load, which can cause the site to run slowly or in extreme cases cause a crash.

The blocked agents are usually particular problematic download managers or download accelerators. Try disabling it if you use one, or in extreme cases you might want to try using a different browser.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but the stability of the site currently depends on it.
------------------------------------------>
上面的鸟文是什么意思?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|咖绿茵|求知网|3DMGAME ( 京ICP备14006952号-1  沪公网安备 31011202006753号

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 21:48 , Processed in 0.222511 second(s), 30 queries , Memcache On.